Courtesy of: The Columbus Dispatch
Posted: January 25, 2021
The Columbus Metropolitan Library has announced the lineup for this year’s Carnegie Author Series and, with a dose of optimism, is planning that the events from June forward will be in person rather than virtual. Each program in the series is free and open to the public. The coronavirus pandemic still has the library system shuttered except for curbside pickup and walk-up services but officials said in announcing this series that they do hope to be back in and hold in-person events by June. This is the fifth year for the Carnegie series, which is sponsored by WCMH-TV (Channel 4). All in-person programs will be held Downtown at the Main Library, 96. S. Grant Ave. Register here!
The complete lineup:
• Feb. 9, 3 p.m.: Jamie Ford, author of Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet.
• March 18, 3 p.m: Imbolo Mbue, author of Behold the Dreamers.
• June 13, 2 p.m.: Hanif Abdurraqib, author of They Can’t Kill Us Until They Kill Us.
• Aug. 29, 2 p.m.: Lisa Wingate, author of Before We Were Yours.
• Oct. 7, 7 p.m.: Will Haygood, author of Tigerland.
• Dec. 5, 2 p.m.: Brit Bennett, author of The Vanishing Half.